Save Half for Later Campaign
The “Save Half for Later” Campaign
• Encourages restaurant customers to put half their meal into a container before they start eating and save it for later. Restaurants are provided with containers and promotional materials (posters, display cards, etc.)
• Allows customers to enjoy all of their food at their favorite restaurants, but in healthier portions.
• Aims to control and to manage diabetes and obesity by promoting healthier eating habits.
Why “Save Half for Later”?
• Obesity and diabetes are major health concerns, especially in East Harlem.
• Adults in East Harlem are twice as likely to be obese or to have diabetes as adults in Manhattan in general.
• Portion sizes, as well as waistlines in America have increased dramatically over the last 20 years.
• To combat the growing epidemic of obesity, we will have to control not only WHAT we eat, but HOW MUCH we eat.
Why should restaurant patrons “Save Half for Later”?
• To save money by getting two meals for the price of one.
• To save time, the next meal is already prepared.
• Cooking will be easier, leftovers can become the next dish.
Why should restaurants participate in “Save Half for Later”?
• To help improve the health of the community and have more satisfied customers.
• To get free publicity for taking part, including features on our campaign website.
• To receive free food containers and marketing materials.
See "Save Half for Later" in action
Save Half for Later
East Harlem Diabetes Center of Excellence
One Gustave L. Levey Place, Box 1077, New York, NY 10029
Phone: 212.659.8543 Fax: 212.423.2998